Has The Great Aussie Dream Shifted?
own a home, have some grass to cut and a dog
.. or something like that.
So today it looked like the grass cutting was overdue. Sure I did it but only partly. Why? I was reflecting on the pros and cons while I pushed the mower back and forward, back and forth…
- Wont get an earful from dad next time he drops in.
- Juniors can run around in the garden knowing a snake aint lurking.
- Creates more oxygen. Not sure on that one, needs some research.
- Smells great just after it’s cut.
- I got more exercise.
- Noise pollution for half an hour
- Doing it
- Petrol used
- It took time
- Lawn Mower Maintenance
Well today the ‘just do it, some of it’ inner voice won out. Not sure about next time though. I reckon a small meadow might be in order as a more worthy experiment.
What’s your view on having lawns and cutting grass ?Share